OMG this is killing me but I have to do my school work and keep on top of that then I still have to work, of course. The contractor finally came over to give me an estimate on my kitchen. When he walked in his exact words were “OMG What happened in here?” I told him I gutted the kitchen and he looked at me strangely and asked me why? I told him but he did not seem to comprehend the truth (that I was only trying to turn this place from a dump to ehhh to fab) so I wound up doing what anyone else would do and blamed it on someone else and said I was fixing their screw up. It’s not a total lie. Shame on me, being a Christian and all. LOL Wellllllllllllllllll he believed that more. So now he did not have to ask me who was helping me. You know men, they want to think women can’t do any of this stuff on their own and anything that helps them hold on to that belief is comfortable. LOL.
His list of things to do is as follows:
- Install the drywall on the ceiling, mud, paint
- reroute electrical lines in the ceiling vs running along the perimeter of the room (means he has to go up in that attic. ewwwwl)
- spray paint cabinets
- install cabinets
- Install crown molding
- cut out hole in counter top for sink
- install cabinets
- reroute vent under cabinet
- Install sink and hook everything up
- Install the water line on the fridge
I will have my camera on full charge…Once he finishes his list it should make it easier for me to do what I have to do. What I have left:
- I have to finish the floor demo BEFORE he gets here or he said he is going to charge me extra. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pressure!
- Get the gas company to move the gas line
- rebuild the box over the range vent
- Install the floor ( I contemplated letting him do that but money is an issue here, or lack thereof)
- put lower molding down
- trim doorways to make them look like pillars
- finish putting up chair rail
- fix scratches in the wall and touch up paint (from when I took down ceiling)
- finish making doors for shelves
- paint and install knobs for cabinets
- make sliding shelf and swing out shelf for blind base cabinet
- hang pot rack
- make lanterns
- make mosaic’d flip-up table
- make curtains
- clean up all the drywall dust ALL OVER THE HOUSE
- fix up the kitchen
- make a great meal!!
I give it another month… Or two…okay maybe three. THREE MAX!!
And I am going to be a broke butt for a good little while. Thank God for Taco Bell. Yo quiero el cheapo lunches
Make your guess about how long you think it will take me to finish my list and give your prediction about if I will finish the whole list or pay someone to do some of it or if I abandon it completely. Be reasonable and remember most of my projects are limited to Friday-Sunday working times.
What do you think?