So the other night me and my boy decided we were going to work on the Ottoman…a job I haven’t been looking forward to but since I had a helper I decided what the hay….
Step one was trying to figure out where to even start. Looking at the construction of it I knew I had to get the tacks off from the bottom so I started there. I pried off a total of 91 tacks with my flathead screwdriver. Nothing seemed to be loose or even look like it was being taken apart. LOL…its never like this in the videos or instructables.
So looking at it I figured maybe the next step should be to take off the bottom. I wasn’t really sure as this was different than anything I have tackled before. I decided taking the bottom off would give me a clue as to how to proceed.
The material on the bottom was stapled on with a million staples. I did not even bother to count them.
Looking at the construction it looks like the fabric was stretched onto the frame, the welt trim was laid on top with a piece of cardboard for stability and smoothness was on top of the trim and then stapled to the frame, then lastly the lining was stapled on top of that. I don’t think it is going to be that difficult to put it together. I stopped here and will have to update you when I finish. I am taking photos as I go along and will write the story later…in part 2