So if you have been following my blog for a while then you know that I have a Cricut Expression die cut machine and I am not very happy with it. What happened is….I watched the infomercial one late night and I was SOLD. I have to stop watching these late night infomercials. It does all the wonderful things they claim it will do but you have to buy cards and supplies for EVERY project. That its crazy. and you spend $199 on the machine and when you open the box, you can’t even begin using it until you buy the supplies. Not even a sample piece of vinyl or a gift card to buy stuff from the store. You have to spend money each time you do a project. It is CRAZZZZY The cards cost $25 or more a piece and they are only applicable to one project. I won’t bore you with the details…just know that the whole system is set up to keep asking you to buy things. I feel like I wasted my money because I’m sorry there is not one project I wanted to do that is worth buying the machine plus spending $10 on the vinyl plus $50 on the card.
Die cut machines and the theory behind them are wonderful though. You can make wall words and they come off if you need to take them down. I have had them up twice in my bathroom and it was super easy to take the old quote down and replace it with the new. You can make stickers for your car and they come off with no damage. You can make cards. You can make stencils to etch designs on glasses. The list goes on and on and on and on and on LOL.
I have this really ambitious project to do in my bedroom and it took me hours upon hours to get all the letters cut out with my Cricut. The project has been sitting around unfinished because I am scared to go any further with it…afraid I might mess the whole thing up by not lining things up properly, or forgetting a word or having a crooked line. You know I have that kind of luck. I have been reading about the Silhouette Cameo and how great it is and how you can do so many things with the machine as it is….all the things I want to do and can’t with my Cricut. I been researching and checking around and I think I am ready.
Since I will be talking about my projects on the blog I decided to ask the company if they would sponsor a machine and/or giveaway. They so eloquently declined but promised they would watch my blog posts and when the day comes that I get more people commenting and showing support, they will seriously consider my request. I can understand that. They probably get hundreds of requests a week.
Tonight I was searching for a good deal and I found three that interested me:
Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle $267.99 & Free Shipping
- The starter bundle includes an extra mat (2 total), cutting blade (2 total), metallic pen set and pick-me-up-tool
- 50 exclusive cuttable designs and $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store
- Includes access to thousands of downloadable designs; Includes PC and Mac compatible software
- Cuts up to 12-inch wide and 10-feet long; cuts a variety of materials from vinyl to fabric
- Great for Scrapbook layouts, cards, custom apparel, vinyl decor, etched glass, sketch designs, and paper crafts
The machine also has the ability to register and cut printed materials. To sweeten the deal, we have added vinyl and transfer tape, an extra blade, a larger mat, the Designer Edition upgrade and an application tool giving you everything you need to get started. This Bundle includes:
- Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting tool
- Silhouette Studio software for Window XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X 10.5.8 and higher
- 51 exclusive cuttable Designs
- Power Cable, USB Cable
- 12″cutting mat
- $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store
- Basic instruction guide
- 12″x24″ Cutting Mat
- Extra Blade
- Designer Edition Software Upgrade
- Application Tool
- 5 – 12″x24″ Transfer Tape Sheets
- 10 – 12″x24″ Vinyl Sheets random colors
This Ultimate Bundle includes:
- x1 Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Machine
- x1 Power Cable
- x1 USB Cable – High-speed 2.0
- x1 Blade – Silhouette Blade (with ratchet cap)
- x1 12in Cutting Mat – 12.75in x 13in (32.4 cm x 33 cm)
- x1 Digital Cutting File – 51 exclusive cutting designs
- x1 Download Card – $10 gift card for more digital designs from the Silhouette Online Store
- x1 Software CD – Silhouette Studio® design software for Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac® OS X 10.5.8 and higher
- x1 Basic Instruction Guide
- x2 sheets of SiserEasy Weed, 12in x 15in – assorted colors (chosen by seller)
- x5 sheets of GrenStar vinyl, 12in x 24in – most popular assorted Colors (chosen by seller)
- x1 sheet of our new Muslin cardstock, 12in x 12in
- x1 teflon sheet
- x1 roll of Silhouette transfer tape, 12″ or 9″ x 10ft
- x1 hobby knife for weeding
- x1 squeegee
- 1 year warranty for the cutter
- Free Lifetime phone support on your cutter – even after it is out of warranty
- Money back guarantee
1- I mistakenly had the wrong link for the$299 machine. Sorry I just realized that today.
2-I went on TheConcreteCottage.com and sent Jeanine a message asking her advice on which machine to choose. She made a script wall with her Cameo and I fell in love with it. I am going to do something similar but on not quite so large of an area. I read a few of her other posts where she gave hints about her Cameo so I asked her opinion on which bundle to buy. Why did I ask her? Well she only has the MOST awesome project I EVER seen online and she uses it a lot AND she does nice stuff with it. She advised me to get the ultimate $299 bundle and I followed her advice (see comments from her below). Here is a photo of her wall…I mean how awesome is this? (Click the photo to go to her blog and read how she did it with her Silhouette Cameo…)
I hope I can make some awesome projects like this too. When I ordered the bundle they also had a download that I purchased, which instructs on how to make money with the machine. I know wall words can be incredibly expensive so maybe I can sell some at a discounted price so everyone can have beautiful walls LOL. If you want to see other wall word projects Go here Now please don’t think that wall words is the only thing that the cameo does.
Check out this google search… And to think…this is only the tip of the iceberg. I wish I could quit my job and be a full time crafter.
I CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED!!! And the first thing I am going to do is peel off these words in my bathroom, repaint the walls (because I hate the smeared mustard color) and put up something snazzy in its place…