#1 is a basic stat program that provides me with the following:
- What search engine you used to find my blog or if you typed in the address directly or used a shortcut or favorite
- What you input into Google or Yahoo or whatever search engine you use to find my blog.
- Top Posts people are reading each day. I find that very interesting. All my Moroccan posts are the most popular and my draped ceiling posts come in second…in case you were curious to know.
#2 Gives more specific visitor information:
Each section is headed by a visitor IP address with the following visitor information:
- the date and time of the visit
- the referrer (what you clicked on to lead you to my blog)
- The time you clicked on each link and what links you went on
- Sometimes the city you are visiting from
If you wish to disable cookies you may do so through your web browser options. Instructions for doing so and for other cookie-related management can be found on the specific web browsers’ websites.
This blog has a link that asks you to subscribe to new posts and or to get updates to comments you might have made. By providing your name and email address and clicking the confirm link in the subsequent email that you receive, you are agreeing to receive these emails. This service is a secure opt-in subscription system and the only information shared with me is your email address and what you are subscribed to. With having your email address I reserve the right to contact you as requested and occasionally I may send you a private message in regards to something related to the site (although I don’t recall ever doing that). I don’t send out solicitations and I don’t share your information. If you like, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link in your emails.
Have I ever shared any of the information collected? Once I wrote an article that you can read here. That is the extent of my sharing.
PS the stats also tell me that people are reading my blog. If I went by the number of comments I get, I would really think only a couple are reading and one is following, so thank God for stats because now I know I have a lot of visitors (over 100 a day) and it makes me feel good about writing!
Last Updated: January 24, 2013